- Automatic fire provided by gunpowder gases passing through the gas opening.
- The barrel locks via the bolt tilting.
- Uses a special shortened round, similar to the rifle ones.
- Range: up to 800 meters.
- Has a selector for automatic and single-shot fire.
- Equipped with a bayonet for hand to hand combat."
The intelligence brief reads:
The model 1942 7.92 mm carbine-machinegun with a 30-36 round special magazine (uses shortened 7.92 mm rifle bullets) is carried on a strap affixed to the stock and across from the bayonet lug. It's easy to disassemble. Judging by the design, the magazine is also used as a foregrip (there is no sign of an attachable bipod). Externally, the gun is composed of the following parts:
- Front sight with safety
- Gas piston pipe
- Barrel shroud
- Rear sight
- Base with pistol grip and trigger guard
- Stock with an opening for accessories
The striker mechanism of the machinegun-carbine is composed of the following parts:
- Gas piston
- Operating slide
- Bolt base
- Bolt (there is a safety on the bolt plunger and a handle for pulling it back)
The bolt is composed of the following parts:
- Bolt case
- Firing pin
Judging by the design of the cooling system, it can be expected that the rate of fire and automatic qualities of the machinegun-carbine are not high."